TOTAL TIME: 7 hours 5 minutes PREP TIME: 5 minutes COOK TIME: 7 hours
2.5 lb boneless pork loin roast (center cut, trimmed of all fat)
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Hickory liquid smoke
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Place pork in the slow cooker and season with salt, vinegar, garlic powder and liquid smoke.
- Cover and set to high 6 hours.
- Remove pork and transfer onto a large dish; reserve all the liquid into a cup and set aside.
- Shred the pork with two forks and put it back into the slow cooker along with about 3/4 cup of the reserved liquid and the BBQ sauce (for every 3 oz cooked pork, I used 2 tbsp BBQ sauce).
- Cook on high one more hour.
Nutritional Information: Cal: 206 Total Fat: 5.5g Protein: 26.5g Carbohydrates: 12g Sugar: 10g
HOMEMADE KANSAS CITY STYLE BBQ SAUCE
- 1 1/3 cups tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup molasses (unsulfured)
- 2 tsp all natural hickory liquid smoke (Colgin)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- In a large saucepan combine all the ingredients and simmer over low heat for 25 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Let it cool and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- For using on grilled meat, brush onto chicken, pork or beef the last 10 minutes of cooking.
NUTRITION INFORMATION Yield: 17 servings, Serving Size: 2 tbsp, Total Fat: 0g,Carbohydrates: 17g Sugar: 10g